How Do I Report a Crime?

If you have been the victim of a crime, or have witnessed a crime, you should make a report to law enforcement. All emergencies should be reported to 911. All non-emergencies should be reported as follows:

  • If the crime occurred within the City of Enterprise, please call the Enterprise Police Department at 541-426-3136.
  • If the crime occurred outside the City of Enterprise, but within Wallowa County, please call the Wallowa County Sheriff’s Office at 541-426-3131.
  • If you would like to report a wildlife violation or Oregon State Highway crime, please contact the Oregon State Police at 541-426-3049. After business hours, please call 541-426-3036. You can also call the dispatch center toll free at 1-800-452-7888.
  • AFTER you have made a report to law enforcment, your complaint will be investigated by the designated law enforcement agency, and if appropriate, a report will be forwarded to the District Attorney for consideration of prosecution. For more information about this process, please visit the Criminal Justice Process page of our website.
  • IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE BEEN THE VICTIM OF A CRIME, and AFTER you have made a report to law enforcement, please contact the Victims’ Assistance Program.