Date: November 11, 2023
Position: 911 Communications Technician Specialist - Lateral
Status: Full-Time position with excellent benefit package
Rate of Pay: $ 19.56 – $24.71 per hour
Union Position- Expected wage increase in 2024
Currently in Union Negotiations
Days, nights, and weekends
Closing Date: Open until filled
- Must have high school diploma/GED and one-year general clerical experience
- Must be DPSST basic telecommunications certified with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a primary or secondary public safety answering point. EMD certification preferred.
- Experience with LEDS, a CAD system. Preferred experience with VESTA 911 phone system.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task; to receive information and to distribute that information to the appropriate service responder at the same time.
- Ability to work independently; without immediate supervision
- Ability to work with highly sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Must meet the requirements of the job description
- Must pass criminal history check, job related testing which includes split ear listening skills.
Application and job description documents are available below.
Wallowa County is an EEOC with Veterans Preference