FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions

My child received a citation in Wallowa County, but we do not live in Wallowa County, what happens next?

The DYS will send the citation and police report to the county that the youth lives in. If the youth is admitting to the charges of the citation, the probation will be handled through that county. If the youth is denying the charges of the citation, the citation will be sent back to Wallowa County and the youth and parents will have to appear in the Wallowa County Circuit Court in order to fight the charges.