FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions

My child has run away? What are my options?

You need to call law enforcement and report your child as a run away. Running away is not a crime, so when your child is located they will continue to be your responsibility and a parent/guardian will need to arrange for transportation. DYS will help assist in finding your child but if they are not on probation, or have not committed any crimes, DYS has no legal jurisdiction.