FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions

My kid is out of control? Can you put my them in detention?

If your child is not currently on probation, there is not a lot that DYS can do.  We cannot place a youth in detention at a parents request. Only if a youth has been arrested for a crime and they are a danger to themselves or others.  You can call us and we can help set up family support through Building Healthy Families.