center image
 
LANDSCAPING

 

Deciduous trees were originally planted around the courthouse, but were replaced in March of 1925 with Spruce trees.  With age the trees became a threat to the building.  A few of the trees fell during a storm in 1989.  The Spruce trees have been replaced by Oak, PIne, Maple, Linden, Juniper and decorative flowering Crab Apple trees.  In the summer, there are beautiful roses on the North, West, and South sides of the courthouse, with colorful petunias blooming in between them.