JOB POSTING 16-1128
Date: November 28, 2016
Position: Investigator of District Attorney
.5 PTE Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, Stalking and Dating Violence (Grant Funded)
.25 PTE General Criminal Investigations (County Funded)
Status: 3/4 Time (30 hours per week)
Excellent Benefits (Pro-Rated)
Rate of Pay: $40,591.20
SALARY: Beginning Salary: $40,591.20
Plus excellent benefits (Pro-rated)
CLOSING: This position will close December 19, 2016 at 5:00pm or upon selection of a qualified applicant. Time is of the essence and the position will be filled as soon as possible; therefore, timely submission of applications is crucial.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Investigator will assist the District Attorney (DA) and Deputy District Attorney (DDA) by conducting criminal investigations as assigned with at least 50% of assigned cases related to domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking and/or dating violence. The ivestigator will work closely with local law enforcement officers during initial and follow-up investigations and help prepare cases for court action.
The Investigator works under the supervision of the DA who assigns investigations and outlines policies and procedures.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (Duties may include, but are not limited to the following)
- Assists in determining need for further investigation, plan of inquiry, outlines proposed scope, timing and direction of investigation.
- Conducts investigations.
- Prepares reports on investigative assignments.
- Locates and interviews witnesses or potential witnesses.
- Serves Subpoenas.
- Assures that necessary witnesses are subpoenaed to trial and verifies their availability.
- Meets with DA/DDA and witnesses for trial preparation.
- Assists DA/DDA in preparing cases for trial.
- Assists DA/DDA in examining and photographing crime scenes.
- Evaluates phsical evidence and criminology reports.
- Prepares and organizes court exhibits and other evidence for trial.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Investigation techniques and procedures.
- The principles of identification and preservation of evidence.
- Services providing information useful in locating persons.
- Courtroom practices, procedures and case presentation.
- Criminal justice system.
ABILITY AND SKILL TO:
- Obtain information and evidence by observations, record examinations and interviews.
- Analyze and evaluate the statements of witnesses or suspected violators.
- Secure and present evidence in oral or written form.
- Deal with citizens and public officials under conditions requiring tact and good judgment.
- Analyze situations accurately.
- Think and act quickly in emergencies and adopt an effective course of action.
- Prepare correspondence and reports.
- Operate a motor vehicle.
- Operate a computer and other office equipment.
- Learn quickly and work independently.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Three (3) years law enforcement experience, which includes criminal investigations (Current DPSST certification preferred) AND
- Two (2) years of college with specialization in police science field OR
- Any satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience relevant to the position.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIRMENTS:
- Must possess, or obtain within 30 days of hire, a valid Oregon driver’s license.
- Must be willing and able to take call-outs in some cases.
- Must submit to and pass a background check.
- Must possess, or obtain within 30 days of hire, a permit to carry a concealed firearm.
Application may be obtained from visiting our website at: http://www.co.wallowa.or.us/administration
Brenda Micka, Human Resource Director, Wallowa County, 101 S. River St., Room 202, Enterprise, OR 97828, 541-426-4543 X134, email@example.com Wallowa County is EEOC with Veterans Preference.
JOB POSTING 16-1024
Date: October 24, 2016
Position: Fairgrounds Maintenance Worker
Status: Temporary Seasonal Position
May 1, 2016 thru September 30, 2016
October 1, 2016 – April 30, 2017
(8 hours per week)
Rate of Pay: Base pay begins at $13.30 per hour
Closing Date: Open until filled
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain & irrigate lawns, this includes mowing and weed eating
- Maintain sprinkler system
- Irrigate and maintain outfield
- Keep trees pruned and watered
- Keep equipment serviced
- Repair buildings as required
- Keep grounds clean of trash
- Work and water arena’s weekly (weather permitting)
- Clean Cloverleaf Hall after each use
- Keep restrooms clean and stocked
- Keep garbage cans emptied
- Clean barns
- Equipment experience and knowledge (lawnmowers, tractors, etc.)
- Understanding of irrigation
- Carpenter skills
- Customer service and communication skills
- Must meet the duties of the job description
- Must pass criminal background check and drug screen
- Must have current Oregon Driver’s License.
Applications may be obtained from the Human Resource Department in Room 202 in the Court House. Wallowa County is an EEOC with Veterans Preference
JOB POSTING 16-0129
Date: January 29, 2016
Position: 911 Communications Technician I
Rate of Pay: $15.77 – 22.32 per hour
Shift: Varied Shifts- Fill-In, Vacations, Sick Leave, As Needed Basis
Closing Date: February 12, 2016 or Open until filled
- Must have high school diploma/GED and one year general clerical experience
- Ability to take calls for emergency service
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task; to receive information and to distribute that information to the appropriate service responder at the same time.
- Ability to work independently; without immediate supervision
- Ability to work with highly sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Must meet the requirements of the job description
- Must pass criminal history check and drug screen
Applications may be obtained from this website or the
Human Resource Department in Room 202 in the Court House.
Wallowa County is an EEOC with Veterans Preference
Brenda Micka, HR Director
Last updated: 10/24/2016